Linda again for this week's Random Dozen. It's fun & interesting to find out more about others as well as share about me. Like you really wanted to know! ;-)
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
I'm in the midst of major procrastination about finishing unpacking. I've hit the wall, so to speak.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r...and no, I do not sleep through the night. Occasionally, I do and it's such a surprise the next morning! I need to have all my little rituals completed...wash face, moisturize, teeth flossed & brushed, something soft on, my feet clean (Honestly, if I don't take a 2nd shower at night, I have to have my feet clean before going to bed!) and cream on, hand cream & cuticle oil, ice water, thyroid pill sitting out so I take it while I'm still waking up, TV on something light or funny and the covers just so. Are you exhausted yet? LOL
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
Hmmmm, I love casual clothes the best! I do like to dress up on occasion too. Maybe the 40's & 50's as well as 60's & 70's casual, bohemian style.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
A pasta dish that I made up! Sometimes I use chicken in it, other times spicy Italian sausage. A great salad & garlic toast ~
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
I'm a great impulse shopper! I do try to tone it down but it's difficult. I went to Barnes & Noble for 1 item ~ came out with several. Not sure why I think I could ever go in there or Target for just 1 thing!
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
I don't really want a funeral. Perhaps a memorial service? I prefer cremation and my ashes scattered over a beach. I want my kids to throw a huge party with tons of great music, flowers, balloons and champagne! I just cannot stand the casket business, burial, etc. NEVER an open casket, ever, ever. NEVER a casket!
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Sunshine, beautiful flowers, a great book and iced tea.
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Sourdough from San Francisco.....or any great french bread. Hmmmmm.....good!
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Grumpiness....laughter is vital to me.
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Discipline re: exercise
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
I live alone so I feel that every room reflects my love of color, warmth and comfort.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
I don't ~ I just figure it will all work out one way or another. Of coure, I'm retired so that makes a huge difference.
1 day ago