A quick and easy tomato soup with great flavor! Just add a typical grilled cheese sandwich and you have an easy lunch or dinner. :)
- 1 28-ounce can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 26-ounce can tomato soup, undiluted ~ Progresso Diced Tomatoes With Italian Herbs is my choice.
- 1 32-ounce container chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream; chopped fresh parsley, basil, chives, or rosemary; croutons; freshly grated Parmesan cheese; grated lemon rind.
- Pulse 1 (28-oz.) can Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until finely diced. Stir together tomatoes; 1 (26-oz.) can tomato soup, undiluted; 1 (32-oz.) container chicken broth; and 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper in a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, we topped the soup with a dollop of sour cream (I don't care for sour cream but my family loves it.) and sprinkled it with chopped fresh parsley. Other tasty additions include chopped fresh basil, chopped fresh chives, chopped fresh rosemary, croutons, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and grated lemon rind.
- Joining ~