1 day ago
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Add a hint of color to your Mod Podge projects with Sheer Colors. Available in six trend-right colors, you can add transparent hues to glass and other surfaces. Head to your local Michaels to get the complete palette and the new Mod Podge Rocks! Peel & Stick Stencils. Pop over to the website and read the details to learn more about this exciting new product and to find project inspiration!
Use Sheer Colors in Three Simple Steps
Make All Kinds of Fun Sheer Color Projects
I know what you're thinking...any blogger worth their salt would have at least 1 project to show, right? Well, I don't! :) Just found out about these and will need to run to Michaels first.
So, if you try this first, please let me know!
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Today is National Hug Day!
Scientific studies have demonstrated that hugs are incredibly good for us. A hug can lower your blood pressure, trigger the release of healthy hormones (like oxytocin), and relieve stress. Doctors recommend a minimum of 4-6 hugs per day for our emotional and physiological well-being, but MORE is always better!
So, go out there today and hug someone ~ they're free and you know you love it!
Monday, January 20, 2014
I know a lot of us are trying to eat healthy, exercise, drink water, etc. Subway has been advertised as a great place to eat....you know, Jared and his weight loss. I think a lot of teens eat there as it's relatively inexpensive. However, I really encourage you to read this article! It's too long to post but it's extremely interesting. Soooo many preservatives and so detrimental to our health.
Let me know what you think!
Friday, January 17, 2014
2. Feminine Products.
5. Canned meats and jerky.
6. Crackers and tortillas.
7. Baby toiletries.
8. Soup packets.
10. Canned fruit other than pineapple.
I ran across this article and thought I would share. I know that I've not considered donating these items...perhaps you haven't thought of it either. Spices make a huge difference for us in our cooking & baking...just having salt & pepper is huge. Can you even imagine ladies and young girls not having the feminine items needed? That reminds me of our female military personnel...sometimes they are so far out they don't have access or the facility doesn't have them. Every time I've sent a CARE package to a female soldier, I include these things and they LOVE it!
Ok, back to the Food Banks ~ think of them when you're making purchases at grocery or drug stores. Perhaps socks at Walmart or Target? I promise, you will feel wonderful when you give to others!
Friday, January 10, 2014
What your favorite color says about you:
1. White: This indicates a desire for simplicity, perfection and purity.
2. Red: This person is usually outgoing and lives life to the full. They are optimistic, hate monotony, and are driven and ambitious. They may also be impulsive or aggressive.
3. Maroon: This is often the favorite color of someone who has had to cope with hard experiences in life. They are mature, generous and well-disciplined.
4. Pink: This indicates a desire for love, affection and security. It is a fragile, gentle and delicate color that is linked to feelings of protection and care.
5. Orange: This is the color of the flamboyant, fun-loving, sociable person. They are usually good natured, popular, curious, fearless and dramatic. However, they may be fickle and restless, too.
6. Yellow: This color is associated with happiness, wisdom, a desire for novelty, a sense of adventure and a rich imagination. It is usually linked to a good sense of humor and a rational mind.
7. Green: Green symbolizes balance, hope, sincerity and peace. Green people are generally concerned about the well being of others, are patient, modest, self-effacing – but can sometimes be exploited and used by others.
8. Blue: Blue is associated with compassionate, caring, patience, perseverance, conscientiousness, self control and a sense of duty. These individuals are dedicated and reliable people – but also worry about how things will go.
9. Turquoise: These are more complex characters. They are creative and imaginative, and drive themselves hard to achieve their goals. Although they appear to be calm and controlled, inside they may feel tormented or perplexed.
10. Lavender: These people are usually impeccably dressed, are refined with a sense of class and culture. They have high ideals, are creative, charming, witty, classy and sophisticated. Typically, they are committed to causes that are noble and great.
11. Purple: Purple people are usually artistic, highly individual, unique and sensitive. They are independent thinkers, who are unconventional, and are likely to achieve positions of power.
12. Brown: Browns are known for their stamina and patience, for being conscientious, dependable and stable. They are rarely impulsive - but can be inflexible.
13. Gray: This is associated with caution, compromise, stability, hard work and good business sense. Grays are usually introverted and suppress how they feel.
14. Black: Blacks are dignified, mysterious, have hidden depths – and reveal very little of themselves, their beliefs, their hopes, desires and personality.
What is your favorite color?