I'm thinking "Fall" even though it's still hot and humid here. We did have rain last night and today and a bit cooler. Nothing is as good as Mexican food in cool weather or anytime in my case! :) This is easy and tasty ~ I hope you try it and enjoy if you do!
Mexican Chicken Casserole
1 bag (11 oz) Green Giant Steamers Frozen Corn & Black Beans with Brown Rice in
a Southwestern Style Sauce
2 c. cubed or shredded chicken
1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce
1/4 c. chopped green onions (about 4 medium)
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 c. finely shredded Mexican style cheese blend
1 c. shredded lettuce
1 tomato, chopped
>>> Feel free to add other ingredients of your choice...chopped jalapenos, chopped green chilies, more spices, etc. Use the cheese of your choice ~ I love pepper jack!
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or shallow small casserole with cooking spray. Cook rice mixture as directed on bag for minimum time. In large bowl, mix chicken, rice mixture and enchilada sauce. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the cilantro and bell pepper. Spoon into pie plate.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and remaining green onions. Again, use toppings you like ~ sour cream, more cheese, avocado, etc.
- Joining ~
- Full Plate Thursday ~ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
- Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
- The Inspiration Gallery ~ Craftberry Bush