I shared this recipe last year, however, I thought perhaps there might be new peeps that might like to try it. Great recipe for a crowd!
This is a dessert that everyone will love! You must try it and see if you agree.
1 box / bag pumpkin bread mix (such as Pillsbury Pumpkin Bread Mix or Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread Mix)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 15 oz. can pure Pumpkin
½ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup Grand Marnier
¼ cup water
1 cup chopped pecans
- Bake bread as directed in a bread loaf pan.
- Let cool completely before slicing into ½” slices.
- While bread is baking, beat whipping cream, vanilla and sugar on medium - high speed until it forms peaks.
- Add softened cream cheese and mix on low until well blended.
- Fold in pumpkin with a large spoon. Refrigerate mixture until ready to assemble trifle.
- In a saucepan, combine syrup, Grand Marnier and water over med - high heat and bring to low boil. Turn heat down to medium - low and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes.
- To assemble, form a few bread slices around bottom of trifle dish (filling in little holes with bread pieces).
- Lightly coat bread slices with sauce using a pastry brush.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over bread.
- Repeat layers up to three or four times depending on size of trifle dish.
- Garnish top of pumpkin trifle with pecan pieces.
- May serve immediately or refrigerate several hours before serving.
I added pecans to the pumpkin bread mix also...of course, I love pecans! The directions did not state where to add the cinnamon and my bread was already baking when I realized this. I just added the cinnamon to the Grand Marnier mix!